Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yes, I am a loser.

I feel at a slight disadvantage when it comes to
funny and interesting blogs.  I simply do not have
crazy nor tragic activity going on in my
life.  Nonetheless, I will try to be entertaining.
The Torres Clan is doing well.  We are happy
and healthy.  We do miss our Nani and Papi.
And were very happy to have April, Edgar
and Jackie with us lately. 

 I shouldn't say that I don't have crazy activity in
my life...my children provide loads of it.
I walked in the other day after having purchased
the Costco motherload of strawberries 
to witness my children using them as "finger puppets,"
yes, their explanation as to why each finger had a 
strawberry attached to it.  Today, they created
their own lake in the backyard, so they would
have a place for their boat.  Hmmm, what boat.
And yes, for the upteenth time this week, they
were covered and soaked in mud.  I lost Bella at
the park the other day, only to find her scaling
a high tree.  I think it gave Jaclyn a heart attack.
The kids are busy with their singing group,
this semester is all musicals.  Dante's favorite's
are "Where is love--from Oilver" and
"I won't grow up-Peter Pan."  This is of course
when he isn't reenacting High School Musical's
"Bet on It." If I would let him where an "I
Love Troy" shirt, he would.  He's also loving
soccer--he's pretty much the bruiser on the team
and fun to watch.  I believe that Dante's smile 
may be the greatest smile on the planet.

Bella is into art, climbing and mothering her brother.
She gets more and more independent everyday.
Her favorite things in the world are art and
chocolate---dark chocolate.  She's also keen
on capers and anchovies.  She is her mother's 
girl and I know that I've been waiting for her
my whole life.
David is building a fort for the kids.
He's the architect and his dad is his "helper."
They fight over the details of the project
but believe me, this will be a fantastic fort
when he is done.  The kids already climb
up into it and build with him.  This ain't
no little fort, it's tall and some might
say scary.  Our lawyer friends say that we
will be sued.  But Dante and Bella are
tough and fearless and their dad is
simply wonderful.
In the Wettstein family, pain seems to 
generate the most laughter.  So I'm searching
for my most painful moments of the last month.
I did work out so hard one day, that I couldn't
walk for two days.  Also, my kids ticked me off so
badly that I pulled a mom and tried to
leave them.  Didn't work.  I wish I had a great
story like falling down the stairs or tripping
in front of many people...but I don't.  Life's
been pretty simple lately.  And if it's complicated,
we just dance.
Lots of love, am

No comments: