Friday, March 14, 2008

Pain is Humor

Try this on for funny: Asher and I have this headbutt thing we do. I am either preparing him for soccer or WWF. Anyway, when we were playing the other day and when I was not looking Asher nailed me with his forehead but entirely missed my forehead and landed right below my eye. The first thing I did was check for blood. While I am trying to figure out if my face is bleeding Juel gets on the ottoman next to me and with me completely unaware she jumps. Now, she has never done this before so there was no precedent. And to add to the picture we had just eaten dinner. You know that I am a gluttonous pig and the meal was good so I ate twice as much as any human should ever consume in a day, let alone in one moment. Well, Juel jumps and she decides to gather even more momentum and do a cannon ball onto my obese whale-of-a-stomach. You know how painful it is to get blindsided like that! I thought that I had been shot by a stray bullet and it had just exited my stomach. I wish I could say I just put her in time out. Anyway, I healed. My black eye was a fun story. Wettstein's always see pain as humorous and my wife will never understand it.

1 comment:

Torres Family said...

I'm sorry Ami, I laugh at Blake's tragic events. I've been there with the black eye-the worst ever. Cops used to stop and ask me if I "needed anything." Dante gave it to me...in the same spot as Asher gave it to Blake.