Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fun in the south pacific

well family we are finally here and it was worth the wait! our flight was so funny. the LA Temple security guys tried real hard to drop us off at the right place but... LA has an elevated 2 story airport sorta thing. They dropped us off at Air New Zealand on the elevated but our tickets were on a consolidated flight that took in Quantas, Pacific Air, flights to Tahiti, New Zealand, and Australia and oh yes...Fiji.. We were on a new 2 story 747. It had 3 separate seating areas, We were up stairs and had great seats-upper deck on the emergency aisle' Folks, let me go back to our adventures at the airport! The security guys couldn't get to the elevated , so they jussst dropped us off under Air New Zeland.. One problem-we need to use the elevator aaaad we didn't see it so.... Dad and the temple dude just pushed our trolleys [Fiji for luggage cart] up on the escalator! First guy made it but not so much look for ol Dad. His crap was all over those moving stairs and was he mad. Now I laughing my head off and my crap was going down next. Now let me tell you we looked so oo mission president ish. Dad in a dark black suit [I have never seen him in ablack suit] and I was in my ever so versatle black long sweater that has kept me from freezing in Utah and in LA and soon we were to b e all over thaqt moving staircase. The temple dude swung around and just like catching 2 huge black bouncing black bags saved us from hell' because going upa damn escalator is just plain .... .. stupid. I did it just once! Someone was getting married and we were in old Foley's downtown [now Macey's] and stupid me just couldn't wait to find the elevator- oh no. So here I go with the twins strapped in their death trap pretend baby carriers. This was before child safety laws and just good common sense came into style. Oh yea, to start again. So cute ol me and I did look thin. I even remember what I was wearing..... oh well. Those poor little babies were flimsey crappy baby carriers and were then also strapped into my trusty twin stroller and cute and stupid ol me just said ' no one will care, who's looking' and what the hell' and pushed those poor trusting itty buggers on that escalator. Signs were poisted everywhere' but... I came to the top of the 4th floor {china and silver] and at the last step they flopped over!!! I thought they were dead, but they were screaming so loud I ruled that out. My mother saw the whole wretched mess.... Back to the moving stairs. In the middle of all the noise, black suitcases, me seeing the twins in a drug free flash back, and oh yes hearing Amber screamimg mom, I realize people just might think we were important and that this could maybe be a LDS moment for someone... I didn't cuss. To be continued.......

No comments: