Saturday, April 12, 2008

Conference and an air inversion

We are so blessed here, anad I'll tell you why. I wrote that we were to have all of the power in the Suva area down for the entire weekend, But in saying that it ment that we could not see conference because of the no power thing. So the church was trying to buy generators for the buildings, that was far to much moola. But God intervened. We had a huge air inversion over the island and it was not safe to work on the power because of the rain. ha,ha,ha. In the pacific we get conference on a disk in the mail. Other wise, we would see it at 4:00 in the morning on sunday and then would finish on monday, at who knows when. So our broadcast went just as scheduled and with the inversion it was cool as can be... Today we will watch the final sunday sessions. I had never been in a solemn assembly, and it was so very meanningful. Just watching all of the priesthood quorums stand, reminded me or the Book of Mormon and King Benjamin. That is where we are reading now. And how all of the other groups were called to stand and and vote was amazing!!
A lite lunch was served by our ward, Samabula 2nd. We had a sticky rice cooked with some sugar. And it was served with a potato and boney chicken curry sauce. There were only chopped up boney back pieces to eat. I tryed to eat the chicken but, the bones just were to much of a mess, so, I had the bones on the side and it was good, for curry.

I was assigned the spiritual thought for this past saturday in the temple and when we get back from conference I'll write it down. This the story of Blake and Ryan Roberson meeting in the food court in Quito. Ecuador. Dad is my dictonary and has announced that he is taking a shower and is not available for spelling...law dee daw. Next week is our conference from SLC for the entire Pacific. So now the powere outage is scheduled for next weekend. We are getting more , I have completly forgotten the damn word ...transformers... That's it. So much for my old speller man and my needing him. So we will see how the power and our conference works out. Luve MUM

No comments: