Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"You again?" said President Monson.

- Well Fiji has struck again!!!! More questions for the prophet. We had a small group come this week from Kiribati. Just two families with two minor problems. 1. a eight year old girl unbaptised 2. a father not a member for one year until July 1, 2008. We can baptise her in a ward font [not like last time when we had to get the ok from President Monson to baptise a 8 year old in our font since she was to be sealed the next day]. Here they just send families on and just have faith that all can be worked out on this end at the temple. You would think they really check their records carefully, but they don't......they just send them on. When you think about it you can sorta understand. This is their only time to go to the temple and things were mostly done....right? It give me a lot of hope, that the Lord is far more merciful that folks think. But knowing me I should not think of that loop hole tooooo long. Just speaking for myself, folks. So within an hour of arriving at the temple President Wells was speaking with the prophet again on Fiji and our unique situations. He said " yes ,an exception can be made for this father and they can be sealed on friday for time and all eternity, and wished them well." The most common mistake people make in the temple is that they come on the date of their baptism to be endowed not on the confirmation date and they must come back on another date. We had a couple in our ward from the last temple presidency in the Houston Temple and she said this was the hardest thing in the universe [not world as you may think] to not let them in the temple and help them keep the spirit within whist [English word for while, I can spell and am a master of grammer -lie,lie, and more ...] they could not come in. Here it is a once in a life time event and the Lord is kind and understanding, elsewhere not so...there church rules and they are quite firm. We had a couples conference here and both Byron and I wanted to be ill and skip it. BYRON IS ALWAYS A QUESTIONABLE EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW. We had a great time and ate 4 times.=1 pound fiji fat. Somehow we are the only couple in the mission who are losing [?] weight. Lets be clear, poor Br. Wettstein has made a deal with the devil AK myself. The details can not be made known , threats were made= 8 pounds lost from Br. sucker and ready for this ..?.. 15 for myself, Miss devilish. Honey I have not weighed 155 for 15 years. NO great secret. No oven in my flat and we can swim when the weather is mush warmer. mush, mush warmer. I have been telling my landlord [we are surprised that we don't have to call him , Lord Landlord] These folks just take this british crap of pompishnish to ====far. So I'm on his Lordlyness, ak, Sr.Darth, bad side. I have complained about the following, mice, no oven, termites, no oven, mice, no oven, oh yes and termites and of course a my washer is dying. I will get a another washer when mine dies. Then I get one from the Australian embassy down the street. It seem that their contract reads the following, washers must be perfect working order and can not have one dab, touch,or a spot of rust on them. Folks Aussies are smarter than mormons. My machine is covered with rust and has a broken lid and I still have mice. I stuffed a door mat under my front door. THe space under the door is huge and Byron has seen a mouse, SEEN A MOUSE SCURRY FROM UNDER OUR FRONT DOOR AND WALK BOLD A BRASS INTO MY KITCHEN AND OPEN THE FRIG AND DRINK A DIET COKE.!!!!!!!!!! Really, Byron has seen this. Back to my door mat. The little kritters started eating through my door mat to get in to the candy store. They love candy poison and don't eat big boy poison. Soon they will be on a diet to get under my Willy Wonka Wonderful Candy Shoppe [British, folks] darn door. I feel so much better. Byron has gone to sign up for his driving test. Before I take that test ....I will open my own door for the furry little creatures. We went to another lovo this past weekend and still aren't hungry. That was sat. and it is now thursday. We have a lovo bug. The food always tastes the same=cooking food in a huge hole in the ground tastes the same=blauga,and more blauga. Give me some cajin blackened anything and I will be happy. I have decided to have our own texas lovo for all of our friends when we leave. I am planning the menu now. Red beans and rice and chicken. Everyone who come to see us will bring 20 pkgs if Zaterains red beans and rice mix. I am already starved. Enough on food.
Sister Wells says it is rather common for them to receive call at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning with names to be put on the temple roll here=from the states!!!!!!!!!!!! Why????????????? Because they say the Fijians have the greatest faith and their help and prayers are what is needed. Can you believe that????
Before I close I must tell you of the following event that happened to me last saturday June 14, 2008. It is raining is so wonderful and cool. I can sit here and type and look down the hall and out the back door and see the water falling in the pool. This is not a brag, as my family [not my kids] feel my life is just too colorful and then judge me by their life's lack of colorfullinesses, and then to not feel sad about the conditions of color or lack there of in their lives, they then feel my just can not be so colorful and then they doubt my life and all there in it. We are blessed to be here in Fiji and know it. We were leaving the temple a little early to go to the bug lovo, and I came behind the Matron. She had a three year old little girl all in white and bare foot. The matron was carrying her socks. Behind a family friend was carrying a one year old, all in white with a vest and bow tie=sound asleep on her shoulder. He was the size of a 15# sack of potatoes and around here that is valuable folks. So I just walked behind to watch. All entered the sealing room and I peaked in=our president does break some rules regularly. He seals islanders as families with other families watching =not alone. This way they have a collective memory of the sealing. So looking in I saw so many families all in white and waiting for these little brown angels=barefooted, too, and I was filled with the peace inside that is given to those who work in the temple and to those who attended. A sweet warmth of the soul that even a smile can not do justice too. I reached out to quietly close the door with my right hand and in doing so felt a warm burning in my right shoulder and felt my shoulder being healed. Three times now I have felt this healing sensation. The second time I was at the hospital doing blood work and then went to my doctor and she speechless= I had been totally healed. [ 3 large fissures on my bum-child birth left overs] . I had fought Byron for an early blessing on the monday before and by wednesday I was totally healed. Not one angry purple or red scar either. Blessings are just that, aren't they? Those gifts of the spirit include the gift of being healed, because of your faith. This I have now had in my life three times now. These a numbers to keep track of- not weight, All of my love. Bula Vinaka, ya'll from fiji love Sister Cookie Wettstein ak MUM

No comments: