Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!



Mom,

We do miss you and Dad but we are more proud of all that you are doing for the people of Fiji--and everywhere else around there. There are so many things that you could be doing right now but you choose to serve the Lord and his children. It is a great example for all of our family. We love y'all.
Our little update is that my son is a boy who loves to play with any kind of ball we can find and he loves to help. For instance, he wanted to help me mow the lawn. He is doing great--besides his allergies--and he is also the happiest little kid. All smiles and loves. He eats like a horse though. The other day we made hot and sour soup with shitake mushrooms--which both of our kids love--and he downed a ton of them. We found out later that since he never chews them that they pass right through his digestive system. I was glad I was at work for that diaper change!
My daughter is three years old now and rivals my Mom in talking nonstop. Just like Mom, it does not matter if anyone is listening she will still keep talking and Juel talks about everything. She knows all of the princesses and she claims to be each one of them. When asked her name the other day by a stranger she replied, "Juel Cinderella Princess." She is a sweetheart but is mean like her mom. (I wrote that to see if Ami is going to read it. If I ever post a picture with a black eye then you know why.)
Ami and I are doing well and we cannot complain.

I'll tell you a funny story. About a year ago I had a friend substitute teach for my Institute class. I came the next week and they told me that he was a great teacher and was very humble. I thought that it was odd that out of all the words they chose to describe him was humble. They never called me humble and so I related that story to Ami recently and she just laughed. She said the word to describe me was not humble. I was kinda ticked about the whole thing thinking that my wife was just trying to anger me so I retold the account to a friend at work who has known me for years and she said the smartest thing she has ever uttered, "Blake, when someone is humble it is pretty obvious" AND IT AIN'T YOU!! So, there you have it. I am arrogant and angry about it. It is not every day that I found out that I am a jerk so the moral to the story is: Never tell your wife the truth, always lie because then the answer will never matter.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Love, Blake, Ami, Juel & Asher

No comments: