Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sickos in AZ


Well while ya'll have been enjoying the snow we have had an ...interesting...last couple of weeks. My sister flew out with her friend who organizes homes and they did my house. So, pretty much think of turning my house upside down and shaking it. That is what happened. The day after they got here and their was lots of disorder....we found out that Kobe and Daisy had pnemonia. They were pretty bad off. Kobe was worse at first, but Daisy got pretty bad pretty quickly. It was scary for about a week, but they are doing much better now. Anyhooo...so, two days after the diagnosis, and much more chaos happening in every crook and cranny of my home....me basement floods. It was awful. I was hunkered down in this crawl space emptying a bucket that was filling with water every 1/2 hour or so, and the phone rings.....it was my Mom telling me about our sweet prophet. So, as I watched my sister and friend breaking their backs in my basement and not ableto help at all....I am supposed to carve out some time to grieve!!! Anyhow, meanwhile, Aaron is in the backyard pumping out the little lake that the rains were giving us, and poor Kalvin was being woken up every hour to crawl into the dungeon and dump out the water (his response when asked if he would be willing to wake up every hour to empty the bucket..."Sure, if I don't have to go to school tomorrow!) Is he a Wettstein or what! So, things are put back together and getting there. Kids are relatively healthy...well...not really but we are getting there, my house feels amazing and everything has a real home now, and we get the results of the air quality test tomorrow and hopefully they can start drywalling. Life is fun, eh? We love ya'll, and are so sorry for being so distracted the last couple of weeks. Thanks for blogging! Mandy

1 comment:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Wow, sounds like an eventful couple of weeks. I hope your kids get feeling better! It is fun to read what your family is up to!