Tuesday, October 7, 2008

With love, Am

Here we are about ready to travel hundreds of feet
down to Carlsbad Caverns.  These are two of Dante's and
Bella's dearest friends, Tess and Adelle.

Yes, he has had the tooth fairy visit...
I thought the day he came to show me
he had a loose tooth and the emotional
upset that followed on my behalf was going
to be the worst of it.  That is until he brought me
his tooth one morning--the tears welling up in my
eyes, I took it from him with the biggest smile I could
muster, knowing that if I spoke, he would know I
was crying.  Such a baby I am...

Wettstein visit during the aftermath of the flood.
It was wonderful to see everyone.
Bella and Ava are now able to really play together.
It's fun when the age gap forgets its gap.

Hard to see, but this is our pet butterfly.
David won't agree to a dog so we take what we
can get.  Today it is a disabled butterfly who
goes everywhere with them.  Unfortunately, the
experience of jumping on the trampoline led
to the loss of two legs and created a bit more damage
to its wings.  But it's still hanging on...seriously.
I've tried to move along its imminent death, but to
no avail, the butterfly still lives.

Dante with the butterfly named "Angel."

Well we sure do miss you. I know we are not
great at talking on the phone. We probably will never get
better. But we speak of you both all the time. 
Especially now when everything is so crazy 
for you and Russ, we want you to know
how much we pray and hope that things turn out well. 
Talking to Russ and Blake and Wade keeps me
up on what's going on in Houston. The Torres Family
is very proud of all you have done and continue to do in Fiji.  
As with everything else, please let us know what we can do to help.
Much love, am

No comments: