Monday, January 18, 2010

Pics from my 1/2 marathon

I'm looking for Aaron and Kalvin - knowing they would be somewhere around mile 12.3 ('cause of course I worked that out in advance - ocd much?)  This is Giselle (a sorta sis-in-law - she is married to my sister's husband's twin) running the race with me.  We were searching for our fams.....

YAY - I found them.  It really was a struggle for me from mile 11 til this moment.  I was really feeling it, but this gave me just what I needed to keep up my pace, so I could finish strong.  It was a wonderful feeling.  I even came in just under my goal (barely).  Official stats: 13.1 miles in 2:09:25.  I had a blast and even though I am REALLY sore, I can't wait til the next one.  I'm hooked!

2 comments:

Aaron and Mandy said...

PS - I didn't even have to call 911 after this, so improvements have been made!

Torres Family said...

you're awesome...we just watched some friends finish their half a couple of weeks ago in 20 something degree weather, freaking cold. i thought bella was going to lose her mind waiting at the finish line because she couldn't feel her hands or feet. anyways, congrats on the race. maybe one day, david and i will run one together...or not.