Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sad news...


Late last night Bond got really sick and had to be put down. He could no longer walk and was dragging his back legs. It was difficult to hear the vet tell me that he had probable spine, internal organ and brain damage. Due to his age, further tests were not in the cards for him. He was 16 years old (112 dog years!).


While we are truly sad, I am grateful that I had a constant companion that saw me go from a 13 year old girl to a mother and wife. When I was sick he was by my side. He was my little man and I miss him greatly already. He didn't like the ones I love the most at first, but he finally warmed up to Edgar and April. He'd have a few minutes of energy a day for these past few months and would spend them chasing them around the house. April is sad, but happy that he is now chasing other people in doggie heaven. He was our best friend and know that he loved us. We could always count on a slobber attack if anyone of us was lying on the floor. I’m almost out of tears. He will be missed.



Since this just happened, I really can’t talk about it without crying. Emails are welcomed.



Love,
Jaclyn

No comments: